Top 10 teams of the next generation part 2

Hello, last time I wrote a blog it was the top 10 teams of the next generation part 1. I am doing a series of the top 10 rebuilding teams. So it isn’t doing the best teams like Tampa  Bay, but it is doing the top teams that will be the next Tampa Bay. A recap of last time:

10. Anaheim Ducks

9. Arizona Coyotes

8. Minnesota Wild

7. Chicago Blackhawks

Today I will be doing 6-4

6. New York Rangers

The New York Rangers have a team that will be good right now and in 7  years. They have good veterans like Kreider, Zibanejad, Panarin, and defense veterans like Trouba and Johnson. These guys will be able to teach the next generation. The Rangers have young guys on offense like Lafrieniere, Kakko, Lemieux, Howden, Chytil, Gauthier, and 25 year old Buchnevich. That is only on offense. On defense they have Fox, Miller, and Lindgren. And they have two great goalies in Shesterkin (25) and Goergiev (24). Both these goalies have starter talent at a young age. Their biggest problem is defense, but really Miller will be a good top 2 D in 2 years and so in those two years they will have Trouba, Fox, Johnson, and Miller, which would be one of the best top 4 groups in the league. The Rangers have been on to a rough start this year but I think they will need only two more years to develop and they will probably be a cup contender. If they keep this core of the team and the youngsters they will be a Stanley Cup finalist or conference finalist most every year.

Rangers Hockey Returns: Next Stop... Play In Round - Blueshirt Banter

5. LA Kings

The LA Kings announced that they are done rebuilding last summer, which was literally only 2 years of rebuilding. They will definitely keep rebuilding for a while, but they have pieced together a great group of players well keeping Kopitar hot and keeping Brown and Carter and Doughty on their team. They have a lot of great young guys with top 6 potential like Byfield, Turcotte, Anderson (yes, the one that threw his silver medal into the stands. He requested a trade and ended up here), Kempe, Vilardi, Kaliyev, and Lizotte. Thats on offense. On D they have more potentially great players like Bjornfoot, Roy, Anderson, and Clague. Roy doesn’t have much potential, but he is 25 and a player that will be great on line 2 or 3. The Kings have one goalie prospect who is already 26 by the name of Cal Peterson. He is pretty old to develop into a good starter so I think the Kings really need to draft goalies and they also need to draft some more defense, but their offense is looking to be one of the greatest of all time.

Kings hope late-season surge indicates brighter future | ProHockeyTalk | NBC Sports

4. Buffalo Sabres

The Sabres have been rebuilding since forever, but they are finally getting somewhere. They have a core of Eichel (24) Hall (29) Skinner (28) Staal (36) Reinhart (25) Ristolainen (26) and Olofsson (25)  All these guys are pretty young, and Eichel is actually the youngest. Eichel and Reinhart where both 2nd overall picks, but I think that they should’ve chose Leon Draisaitl or David Pastrnak instead. But they have lately been drafting well. Back in 2017 I said that in 5 years the Sabres will be in the playoffs, and I think that in 2022 they will be in the playoffs. their young forwards include Eichel, Cozens, Middlestadt, and Thompson, and their defense includes Samuelsson, Johnson, Dahlin, and Jokiharu. They have players that are ready to develop very  soon so I think that in 1-2 years they will have their players ready to make the playoffs and then once their players are all in their prime the Sabres will be on the top of the league.

NHL Trade & Free Agent Candidates - Buffalo Sabres | NHL Rumors

Thank you for reading. Come back next time for the top 10 teams of the next generation part 3 where I will cover 3-1. Here is a link to the NHL Website and here is a link to Jayden’s blog He has a lot of cool stuff on there about hockey so be sure to check it out.                                                                        

2 thoughts on “Top 10 teams of the next generation part 2