Stewart the Book Reader Part one

Stewart was a kid who liked mostly nothing but he loved reading. He would spend his whole day reading. Even textbooks! He just loved the ways words would make his mouth and tongue move. He also loved getting really interested in a story. Everyone at school called him Stew, partly because it was short for Stewart, and partly because Stew was the only other thing he loved. He was fine with doing other things every once in a while, but these things were his absolute top of the rankings number one second to none love.

There was one other thing about Stew that is very important. If this wasn’t a trait of his, this story would never have been written. Stew was a literalist. Literally, he was a literalist. That would bother people sometimes, but other times it was not annoying. One day, he was reading his favourite book, The Hobbit. He heard adults say

“Wow, Stew really gets wrapped in those books!”

He was right in the middle of when Bilbo is talking to Smaug in the riddles, and that was his favourite part. Because he was a literalist, he hated when people said that.

I am not getting wrapped in this book! I am just very interested in it! Why do people say things like that, it is not even true! He thought.

If  I were to be wrapped in a book I would have to be like this!

And he took the page and wrapped it around his arm. All of the sudden, his arm was gone! He saw the book describe “Stewart’s arm” and realized his arm went inside the book! He really liked this scene and wanted to witness it in person so he set the book on the floor and hopped inside. Luckily, all the adults were talking about their stocks and which ones to buy so Stew had some time to explore before they would realize he was missing.

He fell from the sky and went right through the mountain to just beside Bilbo, because that was where he was reading. Bilbo was explaining who he was, so Stew quickly put his arm back on and then hid behind a stack of gold. He wanted a souvenir from this awesome time so he grabbed a gold coin and a gold cup. Unfortunately, the gold clanged together and Smaug heard it.

“Who dare steal my gold!” He said.

Bilbo knew what was coming so he hopped behind a pillar to be out of sight and scurried down a hall so that none of the fire reached him. Stew knew pretty well what would happen too, so he scurried up the hall that led to all of the Dwarves.

When he went up the hall, the Dwarves said;

“Who is this kid?”

“Some rookie.”

“I hope he knows what he got in too.”

“Yes, it is my turn to leave.”

“Shh, guys, I don’t think he knows. Remember that kid who lost his arm in here as we watched him? He looked pretty surprised. We should take it easy on him.”

“Well, remember, it is my turn to leave!”

Stew had no idea what they were talking about, but to meet his favourite characters was so cool that he was overflowing with happiness.

Smaug just melted the flesh off my bones in virtual reality - The Verge

What will happen next? Stay tuned to find out!

Here is a link to Jaydens and Ernests blog