Fantasy Hockey

Hey everybody, I am going blog about my fantasy team in my fantasy league.

The people in my league are Ernest, Jayden, My dad, my uncle, and my papa. We only had three people in it before it started but then we got another three last minute. The sad part about our draft was that most people auto drafted their picks so there wasn’t as much strategy inlcuded. This is how the draft lottery went:

1. Me
  2. Jayden
  3. My Uncle
  4. Ernest
  5. My Papa
  6. My dad

Then the order switched for the second round and then back again for the third round all the way through the 22 rounds of the draft. All in all, it took about 2 hours to complete. I obviously took McDavid with my first pick, and Jayden took Drai with his pick. My uncle got the auto pick, which was Auston Matthews, and then Ernest got Kucherov. My papa got Ovechkin and my dad got John Carlson to finish out the first round.

My team has a chance of being good. I have two superstars and amazing goalies, but the rest of my team is players I’m betting on. The draft is just for bragging rights, so I guess I’m not actually betting on them, but I still want to win. My superstars are Connor McDavid and David Pastrnak, and my goalies are Connor Helleybuck and Darcy Kuemper. For projected totals, my goalies are the best by ten points, over Jayden’s pair of Vasi and Grubauer. I think Grubauer has a lot of potential to be good because Seattle has solid defense, but their offense sucks and a great offense is a good defense. Still though, his goalies and my goalies are pretty even.

Last year I won, but there was only four people and only two people (including me) edited their lines. This year, there is more people and so more players are included in the league. I think if I take advantage of some players hot and cold streaks and make some good trades I could come out on top, but it will for sure be harder to win this year. Luckily, I have McDavid so that is already a solid start. I hope I can get at least three players who get 180+ fantasy points this year, because that would mean I have 3 superstars. I could’ve taken Alex Debrincat instead of David Pastrnak, since Debrincat’s projected points was higher, but I figured Debrincat is on Chicago and Pastrnak is on Boston, plus Toews is back so Debrincat will lose some ice time. That is sort of an example of what you have to think about when drafting, dropping, and adding players. I think I might have got a steal in Tarasenko in the last round of the draft. Tarasenko isn’t projected to be good, but I think he has a high ceiling and he might get traded, which might help him out. I also took Jack Hughes, because even though he doesn’t have a projected fantasy points over 100, I am predicting him to have a breakout for two reasons; He already got better last year and he has great potential, and this is his contract year, so he could make a wicked amount of money if he is determined to play super good this year.

ESPN's Fantasy Success: It's All Real - ESPN Press Room U.S.

That is how my ESPN Fantasy league is going. Here is a link to the ESPN Fantasy website, and here is a link to Ernest and Jayden’s blog, who are both in my fantasy league.

One thought on “Fantasy Hockey

1. I have alsways thought that having a fantasy draft would be so much fun. It’s too bad that most auto-drafted though because it takes some of the bragging rights out which is part of the fun. Hope you team does well.