Stanley Cup Prediction

If you read my earlier blogs, you will know I made Playoff predictions. However, many of my predictions for the playoff series got messed up because different teams played eachother and I realized I had different predictions. It would be too late to redo the first rounds so I am just going to do the conference finals and then the Stanley Cup final. Lots of people think the Toronto Maple Leafs will finally win the cup, however, that’s what they said last year and you know what happened last year, so I disagree. Also, the Florida Panthers won the President’s trophy, which has proven to be a curse, so I am going to have different predictions than many other people who think the President’s trophy curse will be ended. Today I am going to predict the Conference Finals in each side, Western Eastern.

First up is Edmonton vs. Colorado.

I think Edmonton will be able to battle their way through the first two rounds, barely getting through a rough Alberta series vs. Calgary. Colorado, on the other hand, will have an easy first round glide and then a pretty simple second round vs. the Wild, going to 5 or 6 games. Nathan MacKinnon is a beast in the playoffs and I think he can clean up vs the weak depth Oilers. On offense, the starting lineup is pretty close, with Kane, McDavid, and Draisaitl comparing to Landeskog, MacKinnon, and Rantanen. However, for depth, Colorado is deeper than the Pacific ocean, and Edmonton is as deep as a kiddie pool. Defense, Nurse and Barrie are way less than Makar and Girard and Toews. For goalies, Kuemper could backstop the Avalanche to the finals without all this help. Mike Smith is inconsistent and we never know when he will perform or not. This series should be another easy one for the Avs, and I think they can put it away in 5 games.

In the East we will have the Rangers vs the Lightning.

Igor Shesterkin will carry the Rangers this far basically by himself. The Rangers are a great offensive team but they give up way to many chances. The Lightning will easily capitalize with their depth and the series will not have any problems with Kreider, Panarin, or Zibanejad. And Vasilevskiy can turn into a beast come playoff time and could play insanely good. Point, Kucherov, and Stamkos will be too much for the lack of Rangers defense. This series will send the Lightning to the finals for the third straight year.

Tampa Bay Lightning - Wikipedia

Colorado Avalanche - Wikipedia

NHL unveils new design for Stanley Cup logo

Thanks for reading! Next time we are going to cover the finals, with the Avalanche vs. the Lightning. Here is a link to NHL’s website and here is two links to cool and another cool blog.

Here is a video to Connor McDavid rapping when he was 7 years old!                                                                                                             

2 thoughts on “Stanley Cup Prediction