If I Was Stranded

If I was stranded on an abandoned island I would be kind of scared but it would be pretty cool as well. All my days of watching survivor would come in handy. I would first look around for a stream somewhere to get some water. I would try and find a stone that has a hole in it so I could have a bowl to scoop water out of. Maybe I would go into the ocean and get Oyster shells as bowls. Once I would find a source of water I would start exploring the Island.

I would search the island for food and shelter. My shelter would be close to the stream and close to the beach so I could get water and go swimming or fishing. I would look around for some sticks my height and some fruit. If I found some fruit I would have a good source of food and if I found some sticks I would sharpen the end with a rock so I could go fishing and also hunt animals. I would also have to find some rocks and cut a hole in a bamboo strip. Then I would start rubbing the bamboo strip on a stick and it would start a fire. Or I would try and find some broken glass that was littered and traveled to that island and use the glass to concentrate the suns light to make a fire.

I would build a shelter by kicking down some weak trees and setting them up on trees. Then I would take some bamboo and get some sharp rocks. I would cut the bamboo in half and get some more half bamboos so that I could set that up on top of the frame of my shelter. That would make my  base very smooth. Then I would take some palm branches and braid them together like in survivor and set those down as my pillow. Then I would take some more wood and place it a couple feet above the first floor and use that as another base where I put more bamboo and palm branches on top of it. That way the rain couldn’t drip on me and if there was any snakes they wouldn’t come bite me. I would practice lighting fires very fast so that if a ship or helicopter went over it would act as a flare to get me off the island.

That is how I would survive if I was stranded.

This post was inspired by Ty’s post so here is a link to his post                                                  .

Forget the Moat and Make Your Startup a Tropical Island